Thursday, September 11, 2008

the Same~ But, Not~ the Same



~click for close up~

A wonderful thing happened. A lovely lady bought one of my Angels on ebay~ and then a lovely friend of hers saw it and wanted~ not one~ but~ three Angels. One for herself~ And the other two for her children.~But, she was in love with the Angel that her friend had. She liked the way he was looking up.~So, she asked if I could make another one. ~~At first I have to say~ I was not sure~ and~ the fun part of these Angels, is that they are all differant, each, one of a kind.~~But, she was loving the Angel so much & I wanted her to have one. I agreed, and asked if I could make the next two differant. But~ the looking up part had to stay. ~Deal~
I loved painting these Angels so much. She will be peeking at them tonight, she is in Boston.
~Very Cool!~
I don't know ~ but~ Something wonderful is happening.
And~ how many years has my freinds & family told me to offer these Angels? ~ Oh , like~ forever!!! ~ All, I know is that I am loving this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So~ other than that~ I am still working on the portrait that I can't show because it is presant.

~Amy~

9 comments:

ArtGirl said...

Just wanted to let you know i awarded you the Art Y Pico Award. Part of receiving the award was giving it out to five other artists. Just wanted to let you know :-)

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

Your angels are so sweet, Amy! They got the attention they deserve! Beautiful! LuLu

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Congratulations on your sales, Amy. I can tell you like painting them because they have so much life. It must feel very gratifying to have people respond to your work so positively.

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

~Katie~ Thank You!
That does mean so much to me that you gave me this award. You are so dear to me. ~Amy~

Lulu~ Thank you,
I go to your blog & I want to stay, ship myself to your house.Creativity is everywhere.

And Kim~
Yes, I looked for my little "cottage industry" for so long.And it was right there the whole time.
I want to make a living doing my portraits, but, right now , I don't exactly have people beating down my doors. And, hopefully this will keep me from having to get a job at Walmart, :).Kim, coming from you, it is a huge complement.I love your art. ~Amy~

Diane Duda said...

They are wonderful. I love the colors.
I'm sure there will be much more "angel-making" in your future. :)

xo
Di

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

I hope so Di~
Thank you.
Just kidding about Walmart~
But~ not about finding some sort of extra income.~While I build my portrait life.~Amy~

Anonymous said...

Very, very cool! I do love your angels.

Paz

Penhallow Street said...

Hi Amy--these are all lovely. I can see why she asked you to repeat the look. The "heavenward" glance says everything.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Congrats on the success with your lovely angel paintings. They deserve to do well. I often pop in to see what you are doing and this post really caught my eye and heart.