Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Touch Ups

Yesterday ,I was at the V.C.U.'s Performing Arts Building, doing the final bits for the Mikado set. I tried to take pictures, but they came out very dark. But, I can tell you , the set looked very elegant. Cherry blossom trees, you can't go wrong with that. I am going to take Hannah,( my 13 year old) and my Mom to the show Friday night. It only runs for two nights. Friday is the IDR, (invitational dress rehearsal.) IDR's are usually the night before the opening show. And most theaters want audiences, to "warm" up the actors, it helps with timing etc. And they are FREE! So check into it at your local Theatre.
Today, I am going to work on a drawing that I love, but no one else seems to. And he such a cute little ol fellow. Truly, he does not photograph well. He is an etching, ( oh, to have my very own etching press, & I will , by gum !) but ,I am going to sharpen him up with a bit of pen & ink action. I really like this guy and I want him to do well in my etsy. shop.

The SUN is Shining again! Till we meet again, amy

1 comment:

Susan Carlin said...

Hi! Thanks for coming by and saying such nice things! Sounds like you're in as big a transition as I am right now... I wish you moments of clarity as you're following your bliss. I'm transitioning from chiropractor to artist/gallery owner. Wheee! I love that you love portraits. Ah, the pleasure of a good face. Come by and visit often!