Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Mikado



This week I have been painting a set for the Va. Commonwealth University Opera, The Mikado.
Cherry Blossom Trees ! Perfect for spring. As I drive in to paint, I am looking at all the trees & blossoms. I am naturally a very slow driver, even if I am not studying all the trees as I drive to work, I love to drive slowly and look, ( of course I look behind to make sure, I am not getting anyone upset.)
Anyway, I snapped a few pictures before I left. .......These are 14' x 4', there are six of them. I will be sure to get pics. of everything up . These flats will be framed out in a deep reddish brown, so they are Japanese screens. More detail will be added. But, it will be very loose.

I lied, I am not feeling happy with the portrait, I will be working on it first thing tomorrow. The more I look at it. I keep looking at it and it is not done. amy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These look great. Love the Mikado.

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

Thanks Eric, things come to life when they are hung on stage. so i am looking forward to that.