Sunday, January 11, 2009

Portraits

~Mike & Shelty~you need to click on this one~ this picture is abit fuzzy~close-up, you can see his face better.
~Reagan at the Farm~

~Two more pictures of portraits that I did for Christmas~
~The cute baby boy pastel painting was a commission~ my darling nephew Chris, had me do it as a gift for his wife. I loved this pose.
~And, the top pencil sketch was a gift from me to my sister-in-law Nancy~ it is a portrait of her husband Mike, my husbands oldest brother. Mike died from pancreatic cancer in July. Mike was just truly one of the most wonderful men I have ever known. He was an engineer & worked for the government for many years, he did cool things ,like help send the first satellites up into space back in the 60's. He was an artist also(in his spare time). He would do things like decide to design & create a large stained glass window for his church, but he had never done stained glass before~ no matter~ he learned, & finished his project. A beautiful large, round window above the alter, blues & greens, a cross in the middle & a white dove over to the side~ Breathtaking!~ He really was a genius, a very kind person. He loved his family, two sons, now fully grown handsome kind fellows with their own beautiful family's.(so these two portraits are grandfather & grandson) And his beautiful Nancy, who this gift was for.

~Amy~

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to look at your work, especially the "faces' that you draw. I enjoy the detail and the expression. I am truly amazed and awed that a person can do that with a pencil or paint...Mike sounds like a wonderful man and a real loss to all who knew him.

Cris said...

The portraits are really wonderful! I am very sorry for your loss in your brother-in-law, Mike. I am sure his family will treasure the drawing forever.

Anonymous said...

I like the portrait with the title ~Reagan at the Farm~. Did you post it at flickr?

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

~Thank you raphnix~
I haven't started a flicker acct yet~ I need too~
:0
~Amy~

Anonymous said...

Totally beautiful portraits!

you have been nominated to recieve a lemonade stand award, please visit my blog for details. Thank you so much!

Leslie Rubio said...

Great work Amy as usual. And obviously by the comments, well you know what your gift is-portraits-"how can a person do that with a pencil or paint" when you hear things like that, then you should know all the more.

I really do like Mike and Shelty-and how they are both looking off-it's very peaceful.

Love you, love your art!

Forever friends.
Leslie

Cserny Cherry Ildikó said...

Dear Amy,

Congratulations to your portraits. Your drawings are beautiful, I like them.
I used to draw old plants, houses. But why I really love is the needlework.
I am happy , because you visited my site. I hope to see you often here.

hugs
Cherry

Leslie Rubio said...

I've given you 2 awards, so come on over and get 'em!

Love you,
Leslie

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful portraits.

Paz

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

~Thank you Paz~
Les~Chris~ Cherry~Julie-Anne~& lagirl~
:)

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Amy ~~ your artwork is so very sweet! I am sure that the recipients of your artwork are just so happy to get something you drew.

:) Becky

twolefthands said...

So beautiful and such character!

twolefthands said...

oops, forgot to mention you are being tagged! Please check my blog for details!

The Jeweled Postcard said...

Love this portrait!