Monday, January 5, 2009

~The New Year~&~Garrison Keillor~


~The kids are back in school~
~And~~~~I guess it is time to get back to work~ It was such a wonderful holiday~

But~ I have lots of creative ideals for this new year~ Here are just two of the Christmas commissions that were unwrapped on Christmas morning~

~ I am thinking of ways that I can "shake up" my art~ & my art world~~~~~I know that I soon will be busy, working on a new theatre set~ actually~ I believe I will be working on two different sets~ being a free lance scenic has been working very nicely for me~

~I have angels to paint too~ my goodness, I started working on commissions in Nov. ~ so my personal art was set aside~

~I am ready to go~ it is time to pull out all my art supplies & get messy again~I cleaned everything up about 4 days before Christmas and I must say ,It has been real nice to see the top of my dinning room table~ oh well~

~I have to share with you my Big Surprise Gift from my oldest child~Gabriel~
~I was completely over joyed~ when I opened an envelope that he handed to me on Christmas morning~ A TICKET ~ a Ticket to see GARRISON KEILLOR(click) at the Landmark Theatre(click)~ right here in Richmond~ ~~~I have been a Prairie Home Companion fan, for ~so many years~ I can't count~ listening to the wonderful story telling voice & dry wit of Garrison on N.P.R ., Saturdays & Sundays~~~~~~~~Anyway~ Gabriel & I were driving somewhere back in the beginning of Dec.~listening to N.P.R. ~when they announced that Garrison was coming to Richmond~ my heart lept~it would be like seeing the Rolling Stones for me!~But~ with Christmas & our tight budget~ I knew there was No Way~ "oh well", I thought~

~But~ my darling boy~ went on line and made one of his moms dreams come true~
~I still can't believe it!~" I get to go see Garrison Keillor~ I get to go see Garrison Keillor!"~(in a sing song voice)~
~Thank You Gabriel~ You have made your mom so happy~

~Amy~

8 comments:

Ring by Ring Designs said...

Love your paintings. And what a great gift to see Garrison Keillor. He is just great.
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who is thinking of now as the end of a vacation and that it is time to get back to work and routine.

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

~Thank you Bev~
He is~A~ most Wonderful Child!~ almost ~all grown up~not really~~yet~
~Still, my sweet fellow~I think, Always will be~
~Amy~

Anonymous said...

What a great gift.
Can't wait to read your Blog after you've seen GK...It must be wonderful to be able to paint. Do you children share your creative gift?

Susan said...

Amy,

What a fun gift. Hope you enjoy the show!

Susan

Leslie Rubio said...

Glad you posted the portrait of Victoria-you should post the rest as they were equally as wonderful! I do like the painting of the home also-it's very nice!

Keep your head up and continue to move forward-creating is what you do...

Love you,
Leslie

Uneekdolldesigns said...

What a nice gift you were given! Congrats and hope you enjoy!

Debbie@ uneekdolldesigns

Pease Porridge said...

I love both of the paintings. Really beautiful.

Yes, those tickets are a pretty penny. I remember hearing about it when he was here and thinking that would be interesting to see. What a very nice gift!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Awesome gift, awesome son! Have fun.

Paz