Thursday, November 6, 2008

~Painting the Floor~

Painting the floor really is my favorite part of working on a set. ~So here I have tried to show you the steps that I use to create a beautiful wood floor. ~
















~1~ I put lots of under color~ tones that that you would see in wood~ yellows, reds, browns~
I scumble those colors around~ don't think about it~ just get the color down~
~2~I use my "fancy" paint stick & lining stick to lay down the lines of the wood floor.
~3~I start painting each board, one at a time, with a washy brown. ~ letting some of that
under color I put down show threw.
~4~when you have painted each board, you are ready to put a clear coat on top.~ I use a water
base semi gloss~ I tint it with a bit of my brown paint.~
~5~ I go back over each board again with the tinted clear coat.It just adds to the "real wood"
look.
~6~ And your done~ You now have a very pretty hardwood floor~ :)
~Amy~



14 comments:

Diane Duda said...

It looks great! And I really love your brown/blue granny square afghan!!!

xo
di

Amy Sullivan said...

Thank You Di~
It was made by my husbands Grandma~
~Amy~

Bev's Jewelry said...

I really love to hear how people create things. Amazing.
When I was in college, I'll never forget watching some "painters" make the wall in our new dorm, marble. They started out with a white wall and painted, smudged, swirled etc added a little pixie dust and vola, marble. Bev

Anonymous said...

LOOKS GREAT. YOU ARE SO CRAZY LOVE YA TANYA

Amy Sullivan said...

~Thanks Bev & Tanya~
That surely is the fun part~
Starting w/ nothing & making it look like something is real~
~Amy~

Susan said...

The floor looks fantastic. "Wow" is all I can say.

Amy Sullivan said...

~Thanks Susan~
I am glad you can comment again~
How did blogspot fix that for you?
~Amy~

Leslie said...

Fabulous as always! You're so super talented Amy! You can paint/draw/design/create ANYTHING!

I love you and all that you do!

Leslie

Paz said...

Wow! That's a lot of work but it looks terrific! Great job!

Paz

burningwindmill said...

where can i purchase a special paint stick?!

Pease Porridge said...

Wow, that is truly amazing. I will have to show my husband that. wow. Is that plywood you start with??

Jennifer

Christina Silverio said...

This is amazing! Wow! Can you come over and do my floors...? Kidding! ;)
I'll be tearing up my carpets soon and will have a patchwork of a patched up wood floor beneath that I'll need to paint. This is making me look forward to it!

Oh, and you've been tagged! Hope you don't mind. :)
All the best!
Christina

Michele said...

Your amazing Amy! This floor is incredible.... that must of taken loads of time to do. Thanks so much for your lovely comments. I am glad that I am not alone in feeling the way I do sometimes....I am starting to see that it's an Artist thing. I am glad that other women CAN relate to me. It is true some people will never get it and it isn't my place to fix them. Oh well.... I think your snowman painting is really beautiful. I too, hope for some snow for the holidays. All the best, Michele

lin said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色