Friday, May 7, 2010

~To Pick or Not to Pick~






~"That is the Question !"~
~After driving my son to work very early this morning, I stepped out of my car, to a wonderful smell.~ I followed my nose across my yard to these gorgeous irises, that opened a day ago. They are a beigey , green color, very old fashion in style, very ruffled petals.~The blossoms were so heavy that they were leaning almost to the ground.~I planted them 2 years ago, wish I knew what they were called.~ Then I walked over to my peony's, another wonderful smell.~"Hmmmm, to pick or not to pick?" ~We always pick the magnolia blossoms & put them in a bowl, sweet lemony smell.~Poor Iris broke while I was trying to take her picture.~So, into the bowl.~
~I think the answer is BOTH.~~~~Well, I am painting sets tonight,"Peter Pan"~ so I need to put my "paint clothes" on~ I wouldn't want to get paint on my favorite overalls.~ LOL~
~This weekend is going to be full to the brim.~amy~

5 comments:

Susan said...

I love flowers, but hate to tend to them. What's a good houseplant? I'm the worst...is there a secret?

Art4Sol said...

So beautiful!!! I'd love to have a cutting flower garden. Plenty of flowers so that they are not missed outdoors.

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

~the funny thing~ or not so funny~ is that I have a terrible time w/ houseplants.~ The only ones I can manage to keep alive are African Violets & a few herbs in my kitchen window.~So, I'd go w/ the violet next time your in the grocery, pick one up.~But, my outdoors plants are so good to me.~xxx

Vilt og vakkert said...

Heisann!

I just poped in tonight!
Have a nice week ;:OD)

Sheryl Parsons said...

Irises do have a lovely fragrance don't they?! Peonies are even more delicious! You are very fortunate!